looking for something?

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm a 25 year old recent graduate school grad who is trying to find my place in the world :)

Friday, September 6, 2013

postsecret

One of my favorite blogs to visit just happens to be the largest advertisement free blog in the world with having over 600 million visitors. I have been visiting this blog religiously for five years now? Every Sunday I grab my phone or iPad and go on over to PostSecret.com and scroll through the week's additions.

So what is PostSecret?



PostSecret is more of a community that was created by Frank Warren in early 2004 after a dream he had while on vacation in France. Frank Warren invites anyone with a secret to mail their true, unspoken secret to him on a postcard in hopes to somehow "free" the secret holder.


Frank Warren distributed these postcards to strangers he came in contact with.


Typically, the postcards that Frank Warren receives are artfully designed by the author that best illustrates their hidden secret. Each Sunday on the PostSecret blog, Frank posts about twenty random secrets that he recently received. These "Sunday Secrets" often contain a range of secrets, to some that are absolutely heart breaking to some that may make you laugh.




I look forward to these weekly posts mainly to see if anyone else has sent in my secret (or to see if any of the secrets that I have mailed in have been posted). It's amazing how well you can relate to someone you never met.







To date, Frank Warren has received over 500,000 secrets in his mailbox and in addition to the PostSecret blog, Frank has also published five books (in each of the PostSecret books that Frank publishes, he always includes a secret of his own!). Frank Warren also holds "PostSecret Live" events on college campuses across the country and more recently, he has taken his tour international.


Back in 2011, I was able to attend a PostSecret event that was held on the University at Albany campus where Frank showed the audience postcards that were banned from being published, provided follow up stories to the more popular postcards and even allowed the audience to reveal their secrets.


After the event, Frank held a book signing event and I was able to have him sign two of my PostSecret books and even identify two of his secrets (credit must be given to Anthony for that idea)! If you're ever given the opportunity to attend one of the PostSecret events, I recommend going.



If you're interested in checking out PostSecret for yourself, please click the link below!
www.postsecret.com




Or follow Frank Warren on twitter!
@postsecret


No comments:

Post a Comment