looking for something?

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm a 25 year old recent graduate school grad who is trying to find my place in the world :)

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

what's in my bag?

So one of my favorite blog posts to read are "What's in my Bag" posts and today, I figured I would join the club and do my own :) I must say that this post is slightly edited as when I was emptying my bag to do the post, I had a Dewalt power-drill battery, my boyfriend's car keys, not one, but two hair brushes and one of my cat's toys. Who knows what I actually carry around everyday but this is what I normally have with me. 




These are what I consider to be my "three essentials" that I cannot leave the house without:
Phone
Keys
Money
I swear I say this check list to myself each time I leave the house. My iPhone is my lifeline at work to my boss and co-workers and just like everyone else, I am obsessed with it (and cannot wait for iOS7!!). My wallet (well, it's more like a pouch) is designed to look like a post card and has to be close to 4 years old. I think I picked it up at H&M for like $3? I absolutely love it! Finally, my keys! I swear I have close to 10 keys on my key chain and my "thirty-one hang it up key fob" makes it easier to manage them.




You might be able to already tell that my favorite color is pink :) But my kindle and iPad typically go where ever I go. My sleeve for my iPad came from Etsy and I like it because it has a front pouch where I can slip my iPad accessories such as my charger, stylus and cleaning cloth.



I believe I got this cosmetics bag from Target a while ago to hold all my "little things" that I carry with me. There is nothing I hate more than searching for chap-stick in the bottom of a huge bag.


I always make sure I have band-aides with me mainly because some of my shoes tend to give me blisters, that and I'm a clutz. My Benadryl anti-itch cream was a lifesaver in the summer months for bug bite and this stuff works like a charm! I then carry two travel size perfumes, "Love Express" by Express and "Amazing Grace" by Philosophy. These fragrances have a fresh, clean smell and are perfect for work. There is nothing worse than bad breath, which is why I try and carry either gum or mints in my bag. I like the Altoids Smalls because they do not take up too much room in my small pouch.

For my birthday in July, my gift from Sephora was a set of "Sugar Lip Treatments" with SPF 15 and they may be my new favorite chap-sticks. Due to where I work, I am constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizer and it dries out my hands horribly which is why I always make sure I have a small bottle of hand lotion on me. Finally, now that the fall and winter months are coming, my allergies are will be in full swing and I do not leave the house without my nasal sprays to stop my nosebleeds.



I LOVE my sunglasses and the only thing I'm missing is a pink eyeglass case :)


My iPod Nano tends to always be in my bag because it connects to my car and sometimes I just need to tune the world out.


Finally, here's my bag that all this seems to fit into. I purchased this bag last year from American Eagle from their "Deux Lux" collection that they carried last fall. I just love how much room this bag has but I find that I manage to fill it with the most random things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment