looking for something?

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm a 25 year old recent graduate school grad who is trying to find my place in the world :)

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

childhood dreams



Every child is encouraged to answer the ever popular question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and if you had asked me when I was 7 years old, you might be surprised to hear what I had to say.



The first profession that I swore that not only would I obtain, but be exceptionally successful was an artist. Yes, I was one of those children that could not wait to watch those television shows on PBS every Saturday morning that instructed their viewers on how to draw. And while my drawings rarely looked anything like the artist's finished product, I was still determine to become a professional artist. I still remember my mother recording these drawing tutorials on a VHS so I could draw at my own pace.



After my dream of being an artist quickly disappeared, I decided that I wanted to become a storm chaser. Random as it is, I was absolutely amazed by seeing images and footage of large and powerful tornadoes and once again, my mother entertained my dream and insisted that I read books and watched documentaries pertaining to tornadoes. I remembered being glued to the Weather Channel when they ran television specials regarding storm chasers and I longed to become one of them.



So here I am, all grown up and needless to say, I cannot draw and I am terrible at science so here I am, a recent MBA graduate and happy as can be. But I must say, I did have two unique dream jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment