looking for something?

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm a 25 year old recent graduate school grad who is trying to find my place in the world :)

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

bring on fall

I cannot believe that I am saying this but, I am ready for fall!! Yes, summer is my all time favorite season but I am sick and tired of this endless heat and I am ready to cool down! I think this may be the first time since I can remember that I am actually excited for fall and I think that it has to do with the fact that I no longer associate fall with school.



So here are my favorite things about fall:



Changing colors of the leaves


This is the first designation that fall is officially here and you have to admit, watching the leaves change colors during the autumn months is beautiful! I can not wait to take pictures of the changing colors this fall.


Football

Football season officially begins next Thursday I am ready to break out my New England Patriots gear. I cannot wait to spend my Sunday nights watching football and since I finished school, I do not have to worry about homework or studying!


Apple Picking


Spending a Sunday afternoon at an apple orchard debating on which perfect apples you are going to bring home with you is my ideal fall Sunday and I cannot wait!!


Pumpkin Carving


I'm not sure what's more fun, going to the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin or deciding on how to make it your own. I have both carved and painted pumpkins in the past and while carving is messy, I believe it's more fun!


Hot Chocolate


There is nothing that describes fall better than a tall mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream to warm you up. I swear by the Cold Stone Hot Chocolate mix that you can buy at the grocery store and the trick is to add half and half to make it even creamer.


Haunted Hay Rides

Or hay rides for those who do not like the thrill of being scared by teenagers dressed up as ghosts and masked murders. There is just something about bring outside during the fall season.



Apple Cider Donuts 


You cannot possibly go through the fall season without eating fresh warm apple cider donuts! They are the flavor of fall and they go very well with hot chocolate.

Jeans


Goodbye shorts, bring on the dark washed denim jeans that complement warm and neutral tones for the fall season. I am now on a mission to find the perfect jeans for the fall season.



Cute Chunky Sweaters


To go with the perfect pair of jeans, you need to cute chunky sweater to keep you warm. Ditch the hoodie and jacket and cuddle up in a big sweater!


Adorable Boots

Fall means goodbye flip flops and sandals and hello cute fall boots! These would actually compliment the dark washed jeans!


Scarves

This maybe one of my ultimate favorite fall items! I am absolutely in love with scarves, no matter the color, the style or size. No outfit in fall is complete without a scarf.



Leg Warmers


As they say, fashion repeats itself and it stands true with this particular accessory. let's bring back the 80's. This will be a new for me but I am determined to purchase a cute pair of leg warmers to go in an adorable poor of boots and over the perfect pair of jeans. 






And finally, some "fall bucket lists" I found:


I personally agree with the final item on this one ^

I can not believe I forgot moccasins!!

And a corn maze! That's it, I'm ready for fall! 





 


... & stay away winter



No comments:

Post a Comment