looking for something?

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm a 25 year old recent graduate school grad who is trying to find my place in the world :)

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

sunrise

While on vacation, I took to opportunity to watch my very first sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean and it was absolutely breathtaking. We arrived to the beach a little after 5:30 in the morning to ensure that we would have plenty of time to watch the sun rise over the ocean and we were extremely lucky as there was not a cloud in sight.

I was completely in aw at the colors of the sky prior to the sun rising and I could not believe how calm the ocean was and since the majority of the world was still sleeping, it was quiet and so tranquil. I think I took close to 50 pictures, if not more and I had a difficult time which ones to use for this post (I know, I'm crazy!!) but here they are:





Here you can see the sun making the first appearance of the morning





I love the reflection of the sun on the ocean below, especially because it is pink.



 After a short few minutes, the sun is almost in clear view.




I love how the sun dramatically makes the change from pink to yellow.











It was an absolutely beautiful morning!!





No filters were used on the above pictures :)


No comments:

Post a Comment